Youth Art Month Logo
MARCH is Youth Art Month!
Youth Art Month is an annual observance each March to emphasize the value of art education for all children and to encourage support for quality school art programs. For more information go to http://www.acminet.org/cfae.htm
Youth Art Month’s Purposes Are:
1. To direct attention to the value of art education which develops divergent and critical thinking; multicultural awareness; and technical, communication, and expressive skills.
2. To increase community, business and governmental support for art education.
3. To recognize that art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all people.
4. To expand art programs in schools and stimulate new ones.
5. To increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through
involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative venues.
6. To provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
7. To encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
8. To recognize art education as a viable component in the total education curricula that develops citizens of a global society.