SCHOOL BUS RULES OF CONDUCT
Waiting for the bus:
- Students should be at their designated stop 5 minutes before their pick up time.
- Students must stay in their safety zone while waiting for the bus within vision of the driver. Example: Not playing in the street or the ditches.
- Behavior at the school bus stop must not threaten life, limb or property of any individual.
- Students should not approach the bus until the doors are open especially in the winter when there is a risk of sliding.
- Crossover students must wait for the driver's hand signal before crossing to load the bus.
Riding the bus:
- All pens or pencils (sharp objects) should remain in book bags while on the bus.
- No glass containers of any kind or size.
- No pets/animals of any size or kind.
- Book bags should not have anything hanging from them. These items have gotten caught in bus doors and handrails when departing the bus causing serious injury and even death.
- Drawstrings on coats should be short so as not to get caught as mentioned in item 4.
- Students must go directly to an available or assigned seat so the bus may safely resume motion. If seats are assigned, students must ride in those designated seats and remain seated until the bus stops.
- Students must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear.
- Noise on the bus must be kept at a minimum. The same behavior is expected on a school bus as in a classroom.
- Students must not use profane language.
- Students must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus.
- Students must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus.
- Students must not throw or pass objects on, from, or into the bus.
- Students may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in the lap. Anything larger must be transported by other means.
- Students may not have a skateboard on the bus unless it can fold and fit inside their book bag.
- Students must leave or board the bus at locations to where they have been assigned.
- Students must not put head or arms out of the bus windows and must keep hands to themselves.
- Any objects that could be considered as weapons are not permitted under any circumstances to be transported on a school bus.
Departing the bus:
- Students need to go directly to their place of safety after departing the bus. Example: No stopping to get the mail, garbage or recycle bin.
- Walk ten giant steps ahead of the bus until you see the driver's face.
- WAIT FOR THE SIGNAL.
- Cross to the outside edge of the bus.
- If clear, cross quickly: if not clear, return to curb and wait for driver's signal.
- If the driver sounds the horn, this means danger. Wait for signal.