October 16, 2020
Summary of Information:
- Mentor Schools will continue into the second quarter in HYBRID for in-person students
- The hybrid decision is for the time being without a scheduled end-date. We would give advance notice if we make any other shifts, knowing you need that information for family planning purposes.
- Unless, Lake County enters the red or purple alert level of the Ohio Public Health Advisory System, in which the district reserves the right to quickly switch to district-wide remote learning
- We are using the Ohio Public Health Advisory System for guidance in decision making. While it’s not the only metric we are using, it is an important one. For five of the last six weeks of reporting by the Ohio Department of Health, Lake County has been in the orange alert level.
- Important Reminder about COVID-19 mitigation strategies.
- Vigilantly Assessing for Symptoms
- Daily temperature checks of students (by their parents/guardians) and staff
- Face coverings required for staff and students of all ages
- Physical distancing in classes and other locations, supplemented by plastic and/or plexiglass barriers
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting measures
- Proper hand-hygiene - washing and hand sanitizer
- We are grateful for the support of the Lake County General Health District for not only helping us develop our plans, but more recently, for the public health officials who’ve been available to us seven days a week, to help navigate COVID-19 questions and situations among our students and staff in a very in-depth, case-by-case manner.
- mentorschools.net/coronavirus: notifications, dashboard and information
- Mentor Schools Online update
- Second semester choice for Mentor Schools Online or in-person learning -- information coming soon. Deadline for choice will be FIRM.
- No cost breakfast and lunch meals available for ALL students