New Student Registration

If you are looking for Kindergarten Registration, CLICK HERE

To get started enrolling your child in Mentor Public Schools, complete your Online Registration, then gather and organize all of the required documents and bring them with you to one of the registrar locations below. Registration for the We Care after school program will continue to be held at our schools.

Who can register a student?
Enrolling a child in Mentor Public Schools must be done by a custodial parent who lives within the district boundaries. A new student cannot be registered by a parent or other relative who does not have legal custody of the child.
Registration for grades K through 12:
Administration Building (Use Door 4A, back of building)
Student Services
6451 Center Street
Mentor, OH 44060
(440) 974-5327
(440) 974-5241
Currently by Appointment Only:
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
(Use Door 4A, back of building)
What to bring:
1. Photo ID (Driver License)
2. Original or official birth certificate written in English
3. Proof of residency (see below)
4. Current IEP and ETR / MFE (if applicable)
5. Custody papers (if applicable)
6. Immunization papers (DOWNLOAD)
7. Proof of physical examination completed within the past year (kindergarten only) (DOWNLOAD)
8. Consent for records release (not required for kindergarten) (DOWNLOAD)
TWO Proofs of Residency
  1. Mortgage bill, tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement with beginning and ending dates listing all occupants.
  2. Current electric or gas bill showing name and address. (We are unable to accept a driver’s license, water bill, sewer bill, telephone/cell bill, or cable bill.
Residency Affidavit
If parents are living with another family within the Mentor School District, they must provide a residency affidavit. The homeowner fills out the top portion and the parent/guardian fills out the center section. The form must be notarized. Both parties will sign the form in the presence of the notary. Proof of residency, as listed above (i.e. current electric or gas bill etc. AND a copy of a Mortgage bill, tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement) is also needed from the homeowner.
Click here to download the residency affidavit form:
Where will my child attend school?
Students entering grades 9 through 12 attend Mentor High School. Students in grades 6 through 8 attend one of our two middle schools, and students in grades K through 5 attend one of our seven elementary schools. Download our attendance area maps by clicking here