2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration
Parents and guardians,
Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on Monday, February 10, 2020 for children who will be five years old on or before September 30, 2020.
Who can register?
Registering a Kindergartener in Mentor Public Schools must be done by a custodial parent who lives within the district boundaries. A Kindergartener cannot be registered by a parent or other relative who does not have legal custody of the child.
***Procedure for Existing Mentor Families registering a kindergarten student should log onto the Parent Portal and click on the Add New Student box in the lower left corner. Then, Begin Registration.
***Procedure for New Mentor Families registering a kindergarten student for the first time (who do not already have a student enrolled) can click on the Online Registration link here.
For all registering families, gather the required items below. These will need to to be scanned and saved to your computer in order to upload them into the application. If you do not have access to upload documents, parents can still bring their documents and register at the Board Office. Online registration will be offered at the Student Services office, located within the Administration Building.
6451 Center Street
Mentor, OH 44060
(440) 974-5241 or (440) 974-5246
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Kindergarten Registration documents include…
1. Complete Online Registration (Click Here for New Families) (Click here for Existing Families)
2. Original or official birth certificate (written in English)
3. Proof of residency (see below)
4. Custody papers (if applicable)
- Front page of court paper with a court stamp.
- Page or pages with residential for school purposes
- Last page with signatures
5. Driver’s license or photo ID as parental proof of identity
6. Immunization papers (DOWNLOAD) if needed
Medical immunizations to date and physical forms which have been completed in the last year are required at registration. Immunization and medical record printout from the physician are acceptable or you can use our forms below.
7. Proof of physical examination completed within the past year (kindergarten only) (DOWNLOAD) if needed
8. Current IEP and ETR / MFE (if applicable)
TWO Proofs of Residency
- Mortgage bill, tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement with beginning and ending dates listing all occupants.
- Current electric or gas bill showing name and address. (We are unable to accept a driver’s license, water bill, sewer bill, waste removal bill, telephone/cell bill, or cable bill.
If parents are living with another family within the Mentor School District, they must provide a residency affidavit. The homeowner fills out the top portion and the parent/guardian fills out the center section. The form must be notarized. Both parties will sign the form in the presence of the notary. Proof of residency, as listed above (i.e. current electric or gas bill etc. AND a copy of a Mortgage bill, tax bill, purchase agreement OR current signed rental/lease agreement) is also needed from the homeowner.
Each school will also hold a Kindergarten - Meet and Greet for parents and children to visit their schools in May. An invitation will come to you directly from your child(ren)’s school for that event. Only those students pre-registered for kindergarten will be able to participate in a May, K Day - Meet and Greet. Each school with also have an orientation in August for all registered kindergarten students.
Yours in Education,
Please call Student Services at the Mentor Board of Education
974-5241 or 974-5246 if you have any questions
Mentor Schools Early Entrance to K Packet:
VIRTUAL BUILDING TOURS
BELLFLOWER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL