Mentor Public Schools Integrated Preschool Program for 2020-2021
Please be aware that the preschool classrooms at Hopkins Elementary are full for the 2020-2021 school year. There are still spots remaining at Ridge Elementary School.
Open registration for the 2020-2021 school year will officially begin on January 13th, 2020. Please complete the online registration to begin the enrollment process for your child. Please remember a $100.00 deposit is required in order to hold your child's spot. This deposit must be dropped off to the Student Service Department at the Administration Building located at 6451 Center Street. Deposits will begin being accepted on January 13th, 2020 at 8:00. Enrollment in the program will be based upon the receipt of the $100 deposit. Please be aware that the Mentor Integrated Preschool program has had a waitlist in previous years.
Deposits will be accepted in the form of check or cash only.
More information regarding the online registration process can be seen below.
Required for Registration
1. Completed Online Registration
2. Original or official birth certificate (written in English)
3. Proof of residency (see below)
4. Custody papers (if applicable)
5. Driver’s license or photo ID as parental proof of identity
TWO Proofs of Residency
1. Mortgage bill, tax bill, purchase/rental or lease agreement AND
2. Current electric or gas bill showing name and address. (We are unable to accept a driver’s license, water bill, sewer bill, waste removal bill, telephone/cell bill, or cable bill.
If parents are living with another family within the Mentor School District, they must provide a residency affidavit. The form must be notarized. In additional to the residency Affidavit you must provide a copy of the homeowners Mortgage Statement, Property Tax Bill, purchase/rental or lease agreement AND a current gas or electric bill of the homeowner. Click here to download the residency affidavit form):
We are very excited about your interest in Mentor Public Schools Integrated Preschool. These are important key points for registration:
• Children must be three years old by September 30, 2020, and completely toilet-trained.
• Tuition is $900.00 per year, payable in monthly installments of $100.00. A $100.00 deposit is required at the time of registration and will be applied to the May 2021 tuition payment. Again this is required to reserve the spot for your child.
• Our program is an integrated preschool which provides education to special needs and typically developing students 3, 4, and 5 years old. Mentor Public Schools provides this through an inclusion philosophy where typically- developing children are in each classroom with at least a 50% ratio.
• Each classroom has a licensed teacher who possesses at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
• Each classroom has a classroom assistant.
• Each classroom will be multi-age with students ranging in age from 3-5.
• The Creative curriculum was adopted by the Board of Education for use in the preschool classrooms. The curriculum is also aligned to the Ohio Early Learning Content Standards.
• All children attend four half-days per week, Monday through Thursday.
• Below are the schedules for our classes.
- AM - 8:15-10:45
- PM - 11:45-2:15
- AM - 8:00-10:30
- PM - 11:30-2:00
Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call or email.
Special Education Supervisor