We Care Program
2021-2022 WE CARE PROGRAM INFORMATION
2021-22 WE CARE PROGRAM INFORMATION
The We Care Program provides before and/ or after school care for Mentor Schools students in kindergarten through fifth grade. The program includes a snack (afternoon only), homework/ quiet time, active play, crafts, and individual/ group games. Breakfast is available through the school during morning We Care hours.
We Care operates only on days that school is in session. Families can use the program as little or as much as needed. Sign up will be through the Annual Update prior to the start of the school year and later through the We Care office (440) 255-1230.
We Care follows all recommended protocols from Lake County Health Department and Mentor Schools Board of Education for health and safety guidelines for hand washing, social distancing and face coverings.
In the morning, parents will ring the We Care buzzer at the designated entry doors and the students will be buzzed in. In the afternoon, students may only arrive directly from their classroom at dismissal or from an activity/ club held at the school building.
Parents/guardians will not be permitted in the buildings. Parents will ring the We Care buzzer and identify themselves for picking up a child. The We Care staff will check ID’s for any pick up person who cannot be easily identified. Students can only be released to individuals listed in the Parent Portal with proper ID. For the safety of our students, we are unable to accept phone calls requesting any changes to the authorized pick up list. Please notify the school office prior to class dismissal in these cases.
Morning opening: Bellflower- no morning program
Fairfax- no morning program
Hopkins, Ridge, Sterling Morton - 6:45 am
Lake, Orchard Hollow - 7:00 am
Afternoon closing: All Centers- 6:00 pm
Tuition & Payment Information
We Care is a prepaid, self-supporting program. Our only funds for staffing, snacks, art/ craft materials, games, sports equipment, etc. come exclusively from the annual registration fee and hourly tuition that we charge.
Registration Fee: There is an annual $35.00 non-refundable registration fee per child with a $70.00 maximum per family.
Hourly Tuition: Families are charged a rate of $4.00/ hour for each child in the program. There is a minimum charge of one hour ($4.00) per shift (morning and afternoon), and then the time is prorated on the quarter hour.
Children picked up after 6:00pm will be charged an additional late pickup fee of $8.00 per quarter hour.
After the initial We Care payment of $35 for the registration fee and $100 for pre-payment of fees, parents/guardians can purchase additional care hours for $50, $100, $150 or $200 per child at a time through the FEES tab. Detailed instructions are listed in the next section. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that there is a positive balance in the student’s account to continue We Care Services. Balances can be monitored through the Parent Portal or checked at the We Care Center. Payments may be made anytime by credit card through the parent portal or by calling the We Care office during office hours. Payments made by cash or checks (payable to: “Mentor BOE” - no postdated checks) can be made at the centers.
We Care has open enrollment throughout the school year. Students must be registered annually for each school year.
We Care Registration has 2 parts: (1) registration through the Parent Portal Annual Update (at the start of the school year) AND (2) payments made through FEES. Choose the child for which you are making payment(s). Go to WE CARE, choose the payment for the annual registration fee ($35) and $100 start-up for We Care. Add the payments to the cart. Repeat for additional children. Check out. Registration is not official until both steps have been completed.
Once the Annual Update has been updated, all changes or NEW REGISTRATIONS for the We Care program can ONLY be made by contacting the We Care Coordinator at (440)255-1230.
* If your child has a significant We Care credit balance, please contact the We Care Coordinator for verification and how to proceed.
To request special accommodations for your child(ren) in We Care, please contact the We Care office at least ten business days before the anticipated start date.
If your child needs access to an inhaler, EpiPen, or medication during We Care hours, please complete the appropriate form and supply the medication to your We Care Supervisor (if applicable). The form is available on the We Care tab on the mentorschools.net website.
The full list of COVID safety guidelines for the 2021-22 We Care program are listed on the We Care website.
MAKING ONLINE PAYMENTS
WE CARE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR GENERAL PAYMENTS:
1- Sign into the Parent Portal.
2- Click on FEES.
3- Choose the child for which you are paying.
4- Go to OPTIONAL FEES.
5- Select WE CARE $35 Registration Fee and $100 We Care Prepayment. Add to cart.
6- Repeat the process for additional children. Once all the invoices are in your cart,
EXISTING/PAST DUE INVOICES:
1- Sign into the parent portal.
2- Click on FEES.
3- Click on the existing invoice(s) on your child’s account you are going to pay and put it in the cart.
4- Complete payment instructions.
If you are having issues making a payment, call Sharon Blanock in the We Care office, (440)255-1230, to manually take the payment information over the phone.
ACCESSING PAYMENT INFORMATION FOR TAX PURPOSES:
WE CARE STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
WE CARE STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
We Care is designed as a large group program with a staff to child ratios of approximately 1:18. Attending students are required to function appropriately in this type of environment to ensure a safe and enjoyable program for all.
- Treat others with kindness and respect.
- Bullying, name calling, profanity, and fighting will not be tolerated
- Students will be respectful and cooperate with instructors and volunteers
- Students will follow the directions the first time
- Respect property and handle materials with care.
- All materials should be used in the manner in which they were intended.
- Non-consumable materials and equipment should be returned in the condition they were found
- Participate in games and activities in a safe manner
- Students will only inhabit designated We Care spaces
- Personal items will be left at home/in students’ backpacks
- This includes but is not limited to games, toys, cards, electronics, CELL PHONES, etc.
- Families may seek approval for specific personal items by making a request in advance to the center supervisor. Requests may be granted or denied at the sole discretion of the center supervisor
- Be responsible for you actions
- Playing fairly, sharing, and honesty are expected at all times
Inappropriate behavior may result in:
- A “break” from the group and a discussion with a staff member
- Loss of privileges
- Issuance of a written warning or disciplinary notice
- A call to the parent/guardian
- Suspension from the program
- Three Disciplinary notices within a school year may result in suspension
from the We Care program
- At the discretion of staff members, certain behaviors and/or actions may lead to immediate disciplinary notification and/or suspension from the We Care program
*Students are expected to follow all Mentor Schools and building policies/rules while in We Care* (REV 7.21 srb)
IMPORTANT WE CARE FORMS
WE CARE SNACK CALENDARS